North Carolina Attorneys With Ample Experience In Federal Drug Crime Charge Defense
If you are under investigation or have been charged with a federal crime, this is not the time to work with an inexperienced lawyer. Keep in mind that the federal agency that investigates you and the U.S. attorney who prosecutes you have vast resources available to them. They will work diligently to build bulletproof cases. To keep the scales of justice fairly balanced, choose a lawyer who has experience and a strong reputation.
We encourage you to consider Frasier & Griffin, PLLC, as you are seeking a law firm for your federal drug crime defense. Our rich and deep well of knowledge has been acquired through years of service to our communities. If one of our attorneys represents you, the support that you need every step of the way will make a great difference in how you weather this storm.
Characteristics Of Federal Drug Crime Charges
The same types of drugs, such as heroin, fentanyl and marijuana, are named in both state and federal drug crime cases. The same activities – possession, possession with intent, manufacture and distribution – also appear in state and federal charges. The differences typically have to do with degree, location, prosecution and penalties. Federal drug crime cases typically involve one or more of the following distinctions.
- The alleged crimes cross state lines and/or occur on federal property.
- The alleged amounts of drugs seized in an arrest are significant, often measured in pounds rather than ounces.
- The large amounts involved allegedly indicate that distribution, rather than personal use, was a primary objective.
- The offenses involved firearms and/or association with other federal crimes.
- One or more federal agencies, such as the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA), have investigated and the U.S. Attorney’s office prosecutes the case.
- Penalties tend to be more severe and rigid, including incarceration in a federal prison rather than a local jail or state prison.
We are aggressive, diligent defenders of people charged with federal drug crimes as well as state-level offenses. Our experience includes representation of clients undergoing grand jury investigations and indictments. Whenever possible, we seek to have federal charges reclassified as state charges, to lessen the likely imposition of minimum sentencing guidelines.
Get A Proven Defender On Your Case
Make no mistake: Federal drug crime charges represent a serious threat to your future. At Frasier & Griffin, PLLC, we are prepared to do the hard work it will take to help you turn things around.