John R. Griffin, III
John Randolph Griffin, III, affectionately known as Randy, is one of the founding partners of Frasier & Griffin, PLLC. Randy is a former assistant district attorney in Cumberland County (Fayetteville, NC) and Orange County (Chapel Hill and Hillsborough, NC). Randy was born in Fayetteville, NC, the son of John R. Griffin, Jr., and Gwendolyn Spaulding Griffin. His father was the former Superintendent of Cumberland County Schools and principal of the high school Randy graduated from, E.E. Smith Sr. High.
In 1992, Randy received his B.S. in Business Administration from the prestigious Kennan-Flagler Business School at The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. In 1998, he received his J.D. from the North Carolina Central University School of Law. Prior to entering law school, Randy worked as a case worker and field representative for former U.S. Congresswoman Eva M. Clayton, traveling the eastern part of the state from Fayetteville to Wilmington, representing her. In 1994, Randy pledged the Fayetteville, Ft. Bragg, Pope AFB Chapter of Kappa Alpha Psi, Fraternity, Inc. His first criminal defense job was with the law office of James D. "Butch" Williams, Jr. where he worked for five years.
Randy is married to Myra Griffin, Vice-Chair of the NC Industrial Commission, and has one son, Connor Griffin. He serves on the Board of Directors for NAMI Durham along with the Durham Housing Appeals Board. Randy has a strong desire to serve those in North Carolina by always "aggressively fighting for their rights." He is a passionate attorney who makes sure that his clients understand their rights as demonstrated by his favorite quote: "Challenges are what make life interesting and overcoming them is what makes life meaningful."-- Joshua J. Marine
In the 2022-2023 program year, Randy was awarded the honor of "Fabulous Farther" by the Durham Chapter of Jack and Jill of America, Inc. for his contributions to the Chapter's activities and programs.
- Criminal Law
- Traffic Law
- Personal Injury
- North Carolina, 1998
- North Carolina Central University School of Law, Durham, North Carolina
- J.D. - 1998
- University of North Carolina, Kennan-Flagler School of Business, Chapel Hill
- B.S. - 1992
- Major: Business Administration
- E.E. Smith Sr. High
- North Carolina State Bar, Member, 1998 to Present
- George H. White Bar
- 14th Judicial District Bar
- Durham County Bar Association, Member
- North Carolina Advocates for Justice, Member
- NAMI Durham
Pro Bono Activities
- New Creation Staff Parish Community
- U.S. Congresswoman Eva M. Clayton, Field Representative
- James D. “Butch” Williams, Jr.
- Cumberland County, Assistant District Attorney
- Orange County, Assistant District Attorney
- Kappa Alpha Psi