Experienced Trial Lawyers Representing North Carolina Residents In Federal Criminal Cases
Federal crimes pertain to the federal justice system, with distinct rules, processes and federal statutes or agencies. Federal charges, when they lead to convictions, also tend to carry more severe and inflexible penalties than in the case of state or local crimes. If you are under investigation by a federal agency such as the FBI or if you have been charged and arrested by federal law enforcement agents, you owe it to yourself to work with an attorney and law firm known for federal criminal defense. Your future is worth whatever it takes to get the force of an effective defense attorney and strategy.
At Frasier & Griffin, PLLC, you will find trial lawyers with extensive experience and a strong track record in the realm of federal criminal defense as well as defense against charges at the state level. We are knowledgeable and hard-working defense lawyers with proven effectiveness and a drive to succeed for our clients whenever possible.
Distinctions Of Federal Crimes
Criminal charges under the jurisdiction of federal courts include those:
- Investigated by federal agencies such as the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA)
- Involving activities in more than one state and movement across state lines
- Defined by federal statutes, such as immigration or
- With serious dimensions (such as the weight of illegal drugs) or aggravating factors (such as the use of firearms)
- Occurring on federal property
When alleged crimes are clearly federal in nature, we are prepared to do whatever is necessary to advise and represent clients through processes such as:
- Grand jury investigations and indictments
- Federal evidence discovery rules and deadlines
- Application of minimum sentencing guidelines
Federal criminal charges include:
- Drug trafficking and other federal drug crimes
- U.S. immigration violations
- Kidnapping across state lines
- Counterfeiting, money laundering or wire fraud
- Medicare, Medicaid and other types of health care fraud
- Identity theft and fraud crimes
- Federal tax fraud
Whenever a client’s alleged activities amount to federal crimes, we seek to have their case handled by a state court rather than a federal one.
Learn About Your Federal Criminal Defense Options
Get answers and help as soon as possible if you are under investigation or have been charged by a U.S. attorney.